National girl child day is celebrated every year on 24th of January as a national observance day for the girl child. This celebration was started to offer more supports and new opportunities to the girls in the country. It is celebrated to increase the awareness among people about all the inequalities faced by the girl child in the society. Inequality about girl child is a vast problem which includes many areas like inequality in education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care, protection, honour, child marriage and so many.
Takshila School has played major role in bringing awareness amongst the members of our society by conducting various social awareness programmes on different issues. While addressing the issue of the diverse girls-boys ratio in our society, students of Takshila came down on the road to present street plays on the theme Beti Bachao during Navratri this academic year. Today on the occasion of National Girl Child Day, students of Takshila again got themselves on to the busy roads of Ahmednagar city. This time their theme was Beti Padhao as they walked through the rally giving slogans about importance of educating girl children.
Our Management has contributed to this noble cause too. Principal Mrs Jayshree Mehetre has asked the parents to take full advantage of the following declarations that have been made for the school:
INCENTIVES FOR GIRL STUDENTS OF TAKSHILA SCHOOL AHMEDNAGAR:
1. Free set of EDAC text book set for new admissions of girls in AY: 2019-20.
2. Special cash award of Rs 1100/- for the girl topper of each class & Rs 2500/- for girl topper in the Board (X and XII).
3. Special Kalpana Chawala certificate & cash award of Rs 2100/- for the best girl student performing in Science.
4. Shakuntala Devi award certificate & cash prize of Rs 2100/- for the best girl student performing in Math.
5. Sarojini Naidu award certificate & cash prize of Rs 2100/- for the best girl student performing in English.
She said that all these awards will be declared on the open day during final result and the prizes will be given in next year’s annual day.